Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Weekend?

Oh, blog followers, I have so much to share with you, but seemingly so little time in which to do it. I've recently become aware of the fact that I actually do have quite a bit of work. I should probably stop blowing it off...

Anyways, today is the first day of the real weekend, but because class is over on Thursday, I feel like I'm already well into it. Thursday night was quite an adventure. My flat mate Kate and I took the train to Bristol to go see Band of Skulls. I know, they sound like a death metal band, but they're actually not--they're very like The White Stripes or The Black Keys. The concert was pretty fabulous. It took place in a club that was a renovated boat (very cool), and I discovered that the Brits are extremely awkward dancers, so I felt right at home. It was a little sad though because I really missed my favorite concert-going chums, Juli and Heath.

Friday was my first day off, and really the first day that I've attempted to do any work. I went to the public library, which I will briefly mention. They had these crazy, self-service check outs where you put the book in this little shelf, and it automatically knew what it is. I was impressed and partially terrified. Despite this technology, they had no computerized card catalogue. Go figure.

I went to see The Princess and the Frog with a few friends, and I believe that we enjoyed it way more than any of the kids there. It was fantastic, and I highly recommend it to anyone reading this.

1 comment:

  1. We also have those crazy self check out machines at QM. You can even put multiple books on and it will know each one. Although the return machines are one book at a time. And we do have an online catalog.

    ReplyDelete